More and more people are switching the plant based diets to explore all of the amazing benefits of ditching animal products. Veganism has become increasingly popular over the years and has helped many people to establish a healthier lifestyle. If done right, plant based diets can provide many health benefits such as disease prevention and aesthetic transformations.
Ana Alarcon has taken on the vegan lifestyle and loves it! As a vegan, she eats a 100% plant-based diet. So far she has reaped many benefits from her lifestyle change. Check out some of Ana’s benefits of veganism and tips on how to do it right!
- Does this mean that you are a strict vegetarian?
- I am vegan, so I eat a plant based diet 100%.
- What are the benefits of a plant based diet?
- “A significant convergence of evidence suggests that plant-based diets may help prevent and even reverse some of the top killer diseases in the Western world and in some cases be more effective than medication and surgery. It is the only diet ever proven to reverse the #1 killer of men and women (heart disease) in the majority of patients. A more plant-based diet may also help prevent Alzheimer’s disease, certain forms of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and Parkinson’s disease, age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, Crohn’s disease, gallstones, kidney stones, diverticulosis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis and vaginal infections.
- Additionally, plant-based eating may have a beneficial effect on abdominal fat, acne, aging, allergies, asthma, body odor, cellulite, childhood IQ, cognition, dysmenorrhea, eczema, gut flora, fibromyalgia, kidney stones, metabolic syndrome, menstrual breast pain, mood, multiple sclerosis, oral health, rheumatoid arthritis, waist circumference and weight control. Even just small steps toward eating more fruit and vegetables may lengthen lifespan.” via: nutrition facts
- What about protein? How do you ensure you are getting enough protein and fat intake?
- Every vegetable, nuts, legumes has enough protein and fats.
- What advice would you give to a young person today who wanted to ditch a sedentary lifestyle and become more fit and healthy?
- Take one day a time, start choosing the healthier option when you can and don’t beat up yourself if you aren’t perfect 100% off the time.
- Where should they focus most of their energy to get the most bang for their proverbial buck?
- Healthy eating, will take them a long way!
- Think about the 80/20 rule: If you get 80% of your impact from 20% of what you do, what is that 20% for someone just starting?
- Starting to choose more plant based meals, more fruits more veggies, less processed foods.