The process of becoming fit is much more than just going to the gym a few times. You have to set goals and create a game plan to execute. Dawn Darnell is a fitness expert that helps others to do just that.
Use these tips to get yourself on the right path!
- The greatest impact to reaching fitness goals is getting your head in the game. That means every morning instead of thinking all of the things you need to get done, and excuses on why you are too tired or too busy to go to the gym, just plug all of it out and go. Take time to listen to motivating music, watch motivational videos, and get your mind ready to tackle your workout.
- Through your workout it’s all about focus and envisioning yourself as you go through each set. Every muscle in your body is growing. NO PAIN NO GAIN. Once your done with your workout in the morning you should be ready to tackle the rest of my day, and you’ll definitely feel more productive this way.
- Dawn encourages people to get in a workout as many times during the week as they can. “I work out Monday through Friday at the gym. I drop of my kiddo at the gym daycare and I enjoy an hour of “mommy me time.” My breakdown consists of biceps/triceps/shoulders, legs with a focus in the booty, back/chest/shoulders, legs with the focus of hams and quads. And on Fridays my little man and I go to Mommy and me tumbling classes.”
- Sometimes fitness doesn’t always mean losing weight. Some people want to gain weight and build muscle. In this case it’s ok to take a break from cardio. “I do enough cardio chasing after my kiddo lol. I mainly focus on weight training, and sometimes I add HIIT but maybe only once a month for muscle confusion,” Dawn says.
- There is no one set plan that works for everyone, so don’t invest in these cookie cutter plans and expect the same results. Do what works for you and your body, and continue trying new things until you find something that works for you.